Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The old house... and cute kittens

Still smarting after being denied entry to the forbidden part of K Club Villas, I mustered all of my social capital. On Sunday at church I met a family who invited me over to eat with them, and it was scheduled for this evening. They send their driver to come and pick me up, and he drove me to Kemang, through the first layer of K Club Villas, and then into the second forbidden layer. He drove to the T and then turned left. I thought, "Could it be that this family actually lives in my old house?" And the driver drove to the end of the road and pulled into the driveway of the house right next to my old house, where Whitney's friend lived, the one that Siti had said "You look so fat" about. But then it turned out that the family I was visiting is great friends with their next door neighbors, so they texted the neighbors and told them I wanted to see inside their house. And the neighbors said come on over. So I have pictures for anyone among my bros and sisters or parents who cares to see them.
outside the house

Same

Garage door

A new room that seems to have been added to all the embassy housing in the complex. 

Upstairs in the area where one of my sisters had a room constructed out of tall book shelves

The dining room

Night: The Reason I Didn't Get More Photos of the Area

My hosts, realizing it would make sense for me to be in the pic rather than  for them to be in the pic

On the front doorstep

The living room downstairs

bathroom and stairs

My room downstairs

The old kitchen

D's old room
a lazy cat near a place I went
kitten crawls out from underneath a shelf at a book store
CUTE KITTENS
so cute, huh Michael

the master bed and bath

3 comments:

Emily said...

:D :D :D

Cate said...

Does this old house make you feel sentimental? Interestingly, as I feel much sentimentality about all other homes we've lived in, I don't feel that way as I look at this one. I guess knowing that it and its furnishings weren't ours is what was different. I remember though when it rained hard, the water would literally run down an upstairs wall in sheets--even after being repaired. Your dad and I stood and laughed at it. Something that we wouldn't have been able to do in other homes we've lived in. There are perks to not owning. :) Thanks for sharing the pics!

Whitney said...

How neat!