Friday, January 30, 2015

Hawks on the Side of the Road

Walking down a residential road today, I saw some hawks sitting on a stand outside one of the walls in front of a house. A man on the other side of the street saw me fumbling for my camera and came over to show me how they were willing to perch on his arm. The first one was willing, with a bit of coaxing and a lot of flapping.

The second one, twice as large, sat stoically, unwilling to perch on the man's hand.

W and S, can you use your birds of Indonesia book to try to figure out what kind of birds these are?

I went to eat at a restaurant that had a gallery above it, and I got there early so I went and looked around.

After the restaurant, I almost immediately bumped into a bajaj whose driver wanted to take me somewhere. So I obliged, asking him to take me to Ampera Raya so I could keep trying to figure out what happened to that kompleks.




I had gudeg this evening for dinner.


2 comments:

eNJay & B said...

hey, hey, b! we think we may identified the two birds. we will show them to you in the bird book once we get there.

we love you!!

eNJay & B said...

hey, hey, b! we think we may identified the two birds. we will show them to you in the bird book once we get there.

we love you!!