Sunday, April 12, 2015

S's Recent Writings

S wrote a song for the family to sing the other evening, associated with Easter. We sang it three times with S leading us. I don't think we ever fully picked up the tune, but I wanted to post the words that she wrote, titled "My Love."



And she also wrote a poem for my homecoming from Taiwan. Toward the end, she recalls a wise saying I told her: "I still remember the saying you told me to walk normally." That was from several weeks ago, when she had hurt her foot slightly while at school. When she came home, there was no swelling, but she was limping around like she had broken it (sometimes small things can be catastrophes for her, as is normal for kids). But in just a little while, we were on our way over to our landlady's house. I knew that if our landlady saw her limping around, we might wind up spending the entire Saturday in the hospital getting x-rays (our landlady is very attentive to our comfort). So I asked S to walk normally so we didn't spend the day at the hospital. She kept limping until we entered our landlady's house, but then she walked normally. I was so proud!










1 comment:

Cate said...

Sierra, the lyrics to this song touch my heart! You are a sensitive and special girl. How insightful of you to note that Heavenly Father loves us always, no matter our mood or disposition. Love you!