Sunday, March 1, 2015

Down at Waduk Cengklik

Saturday morning we went to a nearby reservoir with one of our neighbors. 

But before we get into details on the reservoir, here's W at our house with a cicak that he caught and released.

Revving up to leave the gate.

A scene on the walk over to our neighbor's house.

A few minutes of waiting before we jumped in the car.

We picked up a friend of our neighbor's.

Then we picked up her nephew in a nearby neighborhood. We stopped and waited and I noticed some incense burned and asked about it. Our neighbor said the people who lived in the green house were from Bali and so they burned incense.


Across the street I saw a cat with some good character and started taking a picture of it.

It had such a lanky presence. But as I was taking pictures of it, our hosts told me that was nothing. I should see her nephew's cat.

So I was ushered in to see the nephew's cat, it it certainly wasn't as lanky! 

It had fur coming out of its ears like waterfalls.

And it was very curious about me.

The nephew said I should get a picture of it as it played with these leaves.

After the photo sessions with two cats, we got into the car and drove to the reservoir. This was the first scene I saw when I got out of the car, draining water from the reservoir to the canal.

We looked across the street.

And found some colorful aquaculture: "Jual ikan: makanan dan hias."

People were going fishing, and perahu lined the shoreline.



I liked how the boats floated among the floating plants.

The bamboo platforms were also good to see.

What's that you see S?

Goats on the levy!





I didn't have a clear idea of these men's activities, but from a distance I admired their reflections in the water.



After awhile we settled into a warung.



And some traditional snacks.


Our hosts enjoy tea on the mat.

We had green coconuts to drink. The plates of food arrived and we looked at them, wondering how we would eat all of the food! (Later we realized our unsuccessful efforts at being polite by eating a lot of food were a bit counterproductive, since as we later noticed, our hosts were only charged for the food we ate, not all of the food on the platters.)



W and S in a tranquil moment.

The moment was prolonged.

Here we are, approaching 30 seconds. 

We went back out walking.




And stopped back by the aquaculture station.

We saw the 7-11 but didn't have a chance to go in.


W begged the camera away so that he could document a cicak's basking.

And that was the morning. Soon, pictures from the afternoon.

No comments: