Tuesday, May 20, 2014

birthday and mother's day all wrapped into one

whenever my birthday is on a sunday, it's on mother's day. this year, i was lucky enough to have my big day fall on sunday.

it was a nice day. we went for a family walk before church, went to church (and since it was mother's day, i got a treat--chocolate-covered pretzel), roasted a turkey and made mole, baked the birthday cake, and then had presents!

 b's beautiful foot.

 me with my mother's day card from w.


 the bday t-shirt b gave me. blow up the image to see what this says. it's crazy.

 the mother's day/bday birding man biography book i got. w and s each wrote a favorite birding memory on the inside. 

 me opening my present from the big s. note her hawaiian moomoo. isn't that fun?

 an owl picture s drew for me. such good drawing.

 the three of us with the cathy's famous chocolate cake recipe cake with 33 written out with raspberries! we ate that with our favorite carmel cashew ice cream. yum!

No comments: