Tuesday, August 24, 2010

hawaii pictures

waimea bay--our favorite beach.


us at hanauma bay after we snorkeled there.


a rainbow at the valley of the temples.


me at shark's cove after we snorkeled there the first time.


another view of the ko'olau mountains.


brian and the buddah at the byodo-in temple.


outside the house brian lived in with his family from the time he was about 3-7.


looking tough with the "fruit" brian just knocked off a tree on our hike. it turned out it wasn't fruit at all, but a big seed with hawaiian paintbrushes inside.


b jumping off rock at waimea bay.


b at ka'aena point on the far nw side of the island.


me on the moke island after we kayaked there.


a sleeping sea turtle.


the sea turtle up close.


me swimming with the big sea turtle.


another one with me and that big ol' sea turtle.


kayaking to the moke islands.


fish.


good tropical fish picture.


me next to one of my favorite trees there.


b getting the last of the poi out of the poi bag.


b at the pali lookout.

4 comments:

courtney said...

so cool! except that picture of brian jumping off the cliff...that kind of makes my stomach hurt. :)

jon said...

He is a poi bag.

Emily said...

I love the pics! And I loved reading about your trip below. Makes me wanna go and soon.

Karolyn said...

This looks like a great trip. John had a conference in Honolulu when he was in grad school, and we took the opportunity to go together. Your pictures really make me want to go back.