Thursday, November 20, 2008

best song of the 90s





ok, so i got sucked into watching some of vh1's top 100 songs of the 90s (which is all fine except for the fact that i've already watched it--all 4 or 5 hours of it). i just can't help myself. the 90s were my decade...when i came of age. anyway, so here's a question for all of you out there who actually read this: what do you think is the best song of the 90s? if you can't think of just one, it's ok to name a few. there are so many good ones to choose from.




you can see some of the music i liked (at various stages of my life/of the 90s). i'll have to think more about what my absolute favorite song was.

6 comments:

courtney said...

i'm coming up with nothing. i think perhaps i had already dedicated myself to music of the 60's & 70's by the the time the 90's rolled around? but i'm still thinking...

eNJay & B said...

this isn't an easy task...it does require time, thought, effort. take your time.

Emily said...

For me it was Tori Amos music. She wasn't a hit-maker, but I was obsessed with her. I preferred her brand of angst to the many other varieties of angst available in the 90s.

Just Katy said...

Oh man, I was all about the angst. I love dozens of those songs. I remember thinking most of them were the most profound works of art I had ever experienced when I first heard them. Listening to them again I realize I don't have any idea what they're talking about. But still some of that stuff was great, Nirvana, Radiohead, Guns n Roses, Cranberries, Courtney Love, TLC, Oasis, Gwen Stephanie and Jewel before they sold out etc.
I'm glad you put up this post. Aaron and I were just talking about how you loved watching the VH1 count downs. We watched like twenty minutes of this one and ended up buying about a dozen songs off itunes for old times sake.

Just Katy said...

Oh and Aaron now keeps singing Run DMC to Reuben. Poor kid.

Anonymous said...

that one jeff buckley song is really good. i was obsessed with it for about a month during the actual '90s, but have found it to be of lasting value. i don't remember the name, but it goes something like this: This is our last good-bye I hate to feel the love between us die Why can't we overcome this wall Maybe baby it's just because I didn't know you at all Kiss me Please kiss me Kiss me out of desire baby not consolation . . .