Monday, June 25, 2012

a ladies day trip


my mom and i went up to logan a few weeks ago to go to the place where my parents got married (the logan temple) and then to the blue bird cafe where my parents had their wedding luncheon.

we had a great time together. i had never been to the logan temple, and my mom hadn't been there for a long time. we had a good time talking and just hanging out. we don't get to do that very often.



the blue bird cafe was a lot of fun too. i had read mixed reviews about it online, but i thought the food was good, and the atmosphere is neat. it originally opened in 1914, and it has a cool, old-timey feel to it. it was cool to be in the places where my parents were 45 years ago when they got married.

logan is also a special place to me because brian's dad grew up there (and his parents got married in the logan temple too). there was a neat mural in the blue bird cafe that showed logan through the years. i took a picture of the time when roland, brian's dad was graduating from high school. does that look like the logan you remember, roro?

1 comment:

Cate said...

roro says "it sure does!" sounds like a nice day with your mom.