Monday, September 12, 2011

going away


this weekend i'll be going off to berlin again. i'm not very excited about the long flight again, but i am excited to travel again. i'll have 1.5 days to myself in berlin, plus 5 work days there. this time around i'd like to go to the checkpoint charlie place, the jewish museum (i can't remember the exact name), and a new market area that's supposed to have quirky things.

on my way back home, i'm going to stop for a few days in amsterdam to poke around. i found a place to stay (two actually) for three nights for $200. i think that's good for a major european city! especially given that i don't like sharing a room with 5-20 women in a hostel too much. i have my eyes on several museums there, walking along the cannals, going to some markets, eating good indonesian food, etc. i'm looking forward to hanging out and relaxing for a few days there. the only thing that would make it better is if brian could be there with me.

3 comments:

The Otis Family said...

Chris went to Berlin for a week a few years back. He loved it. I don't know how much I'd enjoy those things by myself but sounds like fun.

Emily said...

So excited for you. Have fun.

courtney said...

looking forward to hearing all about it!