Thursday, August 27, 2009

a good siting



last night b and i went up to a mountain overlook of the valley and watched the sunset. on the drive down, we happened to see two wild turkeys up on the hillside! i always love a wild turkey siting (it's fun to hear them too, but we were too far away this time). how fun would it be to go turkey hunting, hm? i had a friend in virginia who would go out turkey hunting with a bow. can you imagine how cool it would be to get one with an arrow and then bring it home to eat for thanksgiving or christmas. ah, a fantasy of mine...living off the turkey fat of the land.

8 comments:

Jon and Becky said...

For some reason, I made the assumption that people that go bird-watching would not be prone to shooting those same birds. Perhaps I need to rethink my thinking. Now I'm imagining you hiking around the Utah wilderness with a pellet gun.

eNJay & B said...

well i wouldn't even think of killing a normal bird--but a turkey. i mean come on? wouldn't you, if you could?

Jon and Becky said...

Yeah, I suppose. Don't you have to take their guts out pretty quick? That'd make for some bloody binoculars.

The Otis Family said...

I have to agree with Becky. I was surprised you'd kill a bird. Personally, I see nothing wrong with hunting if you're going to eat the animal.

eNJay & B said...

oh i would definitely eat the turkey. i think i'd have problems cleaning it and all that, but it would really be cool to have a wild turkey thanksgiving for your visit out here!

Just Katy said...

SC has lots of turkey and turkey hunting. You should come do thanksgiving out here.

eNJay & B said...

sounds good to me. is that an invite?

Just Katy said...

For Sure! I'll make you an official paper invite if it'll get you out here.