Sunday, April 19, 2009

ceramics stuff





well the semester is now over for me and ceramics. it wasn't until the end that i really started getting better at the wheel, which is too bad, but it was fun. below are some pics of my favorite pieces. the scale of size is not too big since i never got the knack for throwing big pieces, but large bowls are so overrated.

we also went over to my mom's to celebrate her 65th birthday. as our contribution to the bbq we brought falafels. we found a good falafel recipe in a vegetarian magazine awhile ago. if you're in a food rut, you might consider making these delectible little goodies. they're pretty quick and easy, and they're so good with a tangy yogurt sauce on top.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Good work. I haven't done ceramics since I was a Brownie. And I'd love the falafel recipe. Yum.

eNJay & B said...

My favorite is the one at the top of the page. I don't think the photo shows it, but in person (or I should say "in pot" since it's ceramics and not a person), that one's finish reminds me of the moonshine jug we found and dug out of the hillside.

B

Just Katy said...

Those look great. The second is my favorite.

Cate said...

such beautiful pieces of art! i really couldn't pick a favorite. i really love the colors in the last one, but the second is real nice, too. it must feel good to create beautiful things--even if they are small. : )

Unknown said...

Hi Norma, I'll have to share with you a picture of Brian's old ceramic work from '95.... ;-)