Thursday, February 26, 2009

new book club


well, i'm finally going to my neighborhood/ward book club. i've meant to go in the past, but just never got around to it. they meet on a thursday night, which could be a problem if there was a new episode of the office on tonight, but alas there isn't a new episode on tonight.

so, i didn't read the book and have never read it (gone with the wind), but i did read a synposis of it....and i saw the movie a long time ago. it is quite a story though...many, many twists and turns (and at least as many men in scarlett's life). since i haven't read it i won't be able to get super invovled in the discussion (or will i?), but it's always good to just get a feel for a group. it's amazing how they're all so different: some are good at having/sustaining discussions, others have good food, some have both, ect, ect. i'm interested to see what this group is like.

i already know that the book for next month is marilynne robinson's new one: home. i just read gilead, so am excited about reading home too. having a good book for next month seems like a good omen at least.

3 comments:

The Otis Family said...

I like to see that you have your priorties. Office? Or book group. I have shows like that too. I hope you enjoy the group. We don't do anything like that here. Too redneck I guess. (I wouldn't be too surprised to learn that most don't read down here) I enjoyed your snowy Valentine's day blog too.

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Our ward book group meets on Thursday evenings. Its just hard for me to want to go when Roland is around. I should one of these days : )

Karolyn said...

I just read Gilead and Home as well. I enjoyed them both. I think John liked Gilead a bit better and I liked Home a bit better. Let us know what you think. My book club is also on Thursday nights, and I don't miss, but I'm always sad to be missing the Office and 30 Rock. I hope you have a good group.