Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Fishing in North Dakota--May/June 2016

A few months ago I went up to North Dakota to see my brothers D and M, and to go fishing with D. It turned out my mom and dad also visited at the same time.

D's son in the Dutch shoes I brought them to display at Christmas



On the way to the river to fish. I think the Red River

D caught a big catfish






Another fish from the same river

Back from the river

Off to a lake. D and I both caught pikes. My dad would have caught one if I had been better at netting it.



Making admiration





Making admiration




Fishing at another river


A series of shots of a wood duck duckling, lost or abandoned by the mother.




A series of my dad catching about a 20 pound carp

























My dad wearing a shirt W made for him, titled "The Book of Manhood," and including the imperative: "You most love hummingbirds."

A pike i caught at Lake Ashtabula one evening


Shoreline



Fruits of a day's fisihing (at the river with the duckling and at Lake Ashtabula)




Reenacting a picture that D's daughter was once in. I'm standing in place of D's daughter





A few shots from a 13 hour fishing trip on Lake Ashtabula. Lots of bass caught and a few pike. I caught a big bass, from my fingertips to my elbow in length.












D's son making a face similar to one that his great grandpa Keith used to make




A skateboarding dog across the street from D's house


No comments: